View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
im guessing he means 6.2 I have heard that is a beast.

Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
I borrowed my brothers 2012 f250 lariat with a 6.2 this weekend. Biggest dog I have ever driven. 5.3 ls would run circles around it. I guess they are durable though with the exceptions listed above. I won't be buying one of those.
I talked to gengras, as I figured that's where you were looking. they have lots of inventory, they like everyone else will only sell to the invoice minus any rebates. there is not even room to throw in a bed liner if they are to be believed. Another few weeks I think they will have to start to increase the incentives. There are a lot more trucks available the more I look.

I've towed thousands of miles, 24' Enclosed trailer, loaded and unloaded with my 2015 GMC 1/2 ton Sierra with NO problems. Runs like the trailer isn't back there and brakes just fine. North Georgia to Norwalk, South Florida, etc.

If I was only towing 5k miles per year, no way would I pay for a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. I get 10-12 miles per gallon towing and 20 or better without a trailer.

I tow a 28 footer with a golf cart. it has to be in the 11k range. I used to do it with a 5.7 tundra. IT had plenty of motor but not enough brakes. I didn't think it was safe enough, so I got a 3/4 ton diesel. We have a lot of hills here in New England and New York. Just because you can tow with a 1/2 ton truck doesn't mean you should. I have a 2.5 to 3 hour tow minimum to get to any track, if it was down the street , I would be towing with an 82 350 square body and loving it! lol
I have towed approx 40k miles in the last few years with a 24ft alum enclosed trailer and my tow vehicle is a 5.7 Tundra 4WD with 430 gears. More than enough, but you mentioned a 28' trailer. I think I would switch to a 3/4 ton diesel for that. While I have no trouble with what I tow, a steel trailers added weight plus 4 additional feet, it's not worth the risk. Your pushing the limit if not exceeding of any 1/2 ton truck.