View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I can't vouch for the illustration and could be '64 only. I collected it from a long ago thread here.

If it was intended as a Clip for the Speedo Cable rather than the back up lamp wiring, then a car without Back-up Lamps should still have that clip, right?

My '64 did not get Back-up Lamps. As far as I can recall, it did not have that Clip. I will check my photos for evidence of it. Since it is now restored, I can't be sure whether it ever had that Clip. I wonder if a screw hole exists.

My GTO is also pretty early as a late Nov '63 build so a running change is also possible so even if mine never had that Clip, it wouldn't prove it was only associated with the Back-up Lamps.

The illustration I posted might have been for the Dealer Accessory Package so that it may NOT have been the same for the factory install.

Either way, I would be looking for '65s WITHOUT Back-up Lamp option to see if they do have that Clip with the Speedo Cable supported by it.

tripower, I've tried to decipher your illustrations but they aren't real clear. The one looks like the wiring along the firewall so I can't tell how relevant it is. Not sure what you mean by the "2 way L connectors". If that is something different than what is shown in the illustration I posted, I'm not seeing it.

I'll try to check my GTO and post if I see anything useful.