View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polichena View Post
it can help, it's more about the reaction to the light with a practice tree no matter what button you use.
I extended the wire so I can just sit in my car and use my button on the wheel. nothing can replicate real life, seat time with all the distractions and how your car reacts is the bottom line.
I live that life Dave.
Asking about the button because I am considering going from a Jegs button to a higher end button like Biondo. Something with more adjust ability.
For me it was a big change when the lights on the tree went from incandescent bulbs to LED.
With incandescent bulbs you could see the light start out as this little circle on the 3rd yellow before the bulb got fully lit. That was when you let go on that first little blip. It gave the good racers a advantage, well at least the one with great eyesight and quick hands.
With LED lights the whole things goes instant yellow, whole different deal. If you try and time letting go, going off the 2nd yellow trying to guess when the 3rd is going to light you are playing with fire. But if you wait for a full yellow on the 3rd light you are toast if your opponent is good. The whole process got much quicker with LED bulbs, less room for error IMO.
I do not run a delay box so I can run in Pro and Super Pro at the same time. I like taking down fast Super Pro cars with delay boxes. Makes my day and ruins theirs, quite fun when you are on.

Now back to KKs thread. You can see in his MPH numbers the difference in his E head engine and Tiger head engine. 3+mph in the 1/8th is a lot at his level. Looking forward to seeing how far he can take this thing.