View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I don't believe there is anything that does a better job of cooling than the factory clutch fan setups Pablo. The added benefit is that they aren't huge HP suckers either.

I have a slew of fans on the wall and on the mezzanine and have tried a lot of stuff over the years. Most recently dual electric fans. I've found out here in the Arizona heat that the factory clutch fan, with a good clutch, and a proper shroud has been the best at cooling hands down, even on big HP large CI engines.

Here's a fan test you might find of interest if guys are worried about HP. I can't think of any other reason someone would switch over to those tiny aluminum flex fans unless they thought they would gain some HP, because they don't really pull much air. As you can see, those little fans don't even add HP. In fact it killed 11 hp over the stock clutch fan.
Thanks for taking the time to post those attachments Formula. Maybe there will be less unnecessary risk to peoples safety too. I remember seeing a program from the 90's where a guy almost died from a fan coming off and hitting him in the neck. He was luck to have lived.