View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8STEVE View Post
Scott, those pics are at ride height. The rear with everything seems to move very freely in the garage. Don't know if they bind on track. they are track locators from Dick supposed to keep rear centered. When i didnt have compression high i was wheel hopping like crazy so i know it moves.

DMR said tires. of course. stiffer side walls. and slipper clutch. he is the one that spec'd all this stuff including no hop bars. He is saying im hitting tires too hard which goes back to the feedback on IC and %Antisquat.

Found this guy's video on geometry. interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHn...aCN_r9QEI1Q00I
Something to thing about is the redneck racepak. Take some zip ties and put them around the shaft on the rear shocks at the top. Make a hit and look and see if it has pushed the tie all the way down into the bumper on the shock. If so, may be a good indication that you need to go stiffer on compression, and maybe looser on rebound to try to promote some separation ( anti squat ) Obviously its hammering the tires, and maybe a combination too little compression and too little air is make the car wheel hop. Im not saying this is the answer, it's just a thought.

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components
The Following User Says Thank You to adam woodmancy For This Useful Post: