View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupman View Post
I have a 1968 400 stroker block but with the 11 bolt timing cover and water pump. I know there are many power steering brackets, some with alternator brackets incorporated. I am relocating my alternator to the passenger side down low, Therefore I do not need this bracket with the power steering. I am looking for the simplest bracket or brackets to attach the power steering pump. I have searched and there are many years available, plus a 1970 only version.
Can anyone recommend one that will work? This is the Saginaw power steering pump, not sure if they are the same pumps throughout the years. Can you use one bracket or do you need 2 brackets?

Any help Would be appreciated.
A '67-70 Pontiac V8 PS alum mtg block, as well as one of the two style '67-70 Pontiac v8 pumps, along with the cupped steel washer, & matching pulleys should acomplish what you are after on the drivers side. As long as you stay within the same pulley style ('70 model A-B-G w tall 11 bolt wp) you will be fine, do not try to mix in earlier pulleys or the '71+ style pulleys.

'67-70 Pontiac V8 with PS (exc 70 Firebird V8) used the adjustable PS/ Alt alum mtg block with the "hockey stick" bracket attached on the front, the latter attached the lower mtg point for the alternator, you won't need that small bracket, but will need a shorter bolt. Can't see any reason to go to the '70 only Firebird V8 setup, thats a 70 V8 Bird only deal & will not allow a clean PS pump only function on the drivers side.