View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The idea was to drive a classic in the winter, not necessarily an expensive one. I do at least have a head on my shoulders, I never subjected the good cars to the salty roads lol, which was the purpose of buying the little vegas and monzas, they were cheap at the time and still an old car. But we don't care for new cars much anymore and it's actually my wife that prefers carbs and points. Now in Arizona I don't need to worry about the seasons.

No it's not the norm, which is why I tend to take peoples opinions and comments about what works and what's durable in these classics a bit half heartedly. There are very few people in here that test and put the miles on these cars that I do. Cliff is probably one I can name off the top of my head, and maybe a couple others.

The ones we drive actually do well on mileage. With proper tuning these cars are actually pretty efficient. The Z, with it's 780 holley and 4 speed would get 14 around town and 17 highway. When I installed the TKO600 it jumped to 15 around town and 21 highway. It's a pleasure to take on a road trip.

The 70 Formula I drive gets about 13 around town and between 16-17 highway, with no overdrive in it. So it's not bad by any means and a nice cruiser. Both of them are better than most trucks and SUV's on the roads today.
But it's really more about the enjoyment. I'm getting too old to just look at them sitting in the garage anymore.