View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Default Good news...

Quick update.

I purchased the car from a 25 year old kid who swore to the previous long term owner of 30 years that he was going to restore this car as a way of sealing the deal on the purchase. After getting the car home, he quickly advertised it to make a quick buck. That is where I came in the picture. I have since stopped any communication with the 25 year old kid. All I can say is that Karma always comes around. So in the process, I was able to make contact with the LTO. He purchased the car from his best-friends little brother. Said little brother is the one who ran the car into the ground.

Long story short, I got a text message yesterday that LTO had found the original disc brake/posi rear end for the car and that if I wanted it, it was mine! Very cool, and generous on his part! I knew something was up with the rear axle that is currently in the car, but hadn't done any research or asked LTO details. Turns out the original rear axle had locked up and he got tired of needing help moving the car around in his barn. So he got another rear axle that is out of an '81 turbo T/A and set the original unit to the side. I am stoked about getting the original axle back in the car.

Now I have the dilemma of shipping a rear axle from DE to MO!

Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited by 78Macho; 02-06-2020 at 07:48 PM.