View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
"I wasn't the least bit impressed with the 6.0 HD set-up anyplace. "

Which is it?"

I don't know anyone in these parts that likes the older 6.0's, gas guzzlers and low on power (torque) so they have to spin 5000rpm's every time you come to a decent grade if you have much in tow behind it.

I've not run into anyone to date in these parts that likes the older 6.0's. They all say the same thing, gas guzzlers and low on power (torque).

Different story with the new stuff, so GM has obviously made some changes for the better in the last couple of years. I haven't had the opportunity to drive a 2018 or newer 2500 with the big LS engine but hearing lots of good things about them. This thread is basically about LS engines so just pointing out my experience with them, which is limited to only driving one older 6.0 and my 2018 5.3.

Most of my experience with trucks is diesels and I've owned just about all the "good ones" made prior to 2008. I'm with old-pinion-head on that deal, give me a 12 valve 5.9 Cummins in a HD older Dodge, manual transmission and Dana 80 rear. I had one and still regret selling it......Cliff
The gas mileage is bad. I'll give you that. I drive 80ish everywhere though. But it makes plenty of power for average duty. I'm used to powerful vehicles in everything I've ever owned. For a 2004 I'd say it's great. 147,000. Doesn't use a drop of oil between changes. Runs like a top and has never had an engine repair. I did do the transfer case saver mod. 6.0l, 4L80E, and Dana 60 are all bullet proof. Anyone that bitches about that combo is not likely to be happy with anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post: