View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Shiny, I hauled it down 30 miles to the painter in a town called Belen.
People here in NM drive as if possessed on the freeway - I am doing 65 and 3 times wondered if Hagerty was going to use the legal meat axe on guys roaring up on me. Scenery was nice though, miles and miles of ****ing desert!

Luckily , I arrived at the painters with the tub and the fenders. What he will do is do the bodywork and paint the jambs - I will get the stuff back and partially assemble so he can spray it in one go so all the panel match.

Right fender caused a bit of discussion: holes were a bit different thean the left side and were missing the plastic screw catcher for the rocker trim. Mnnh. I wonder if it was a factry thing - this car was a very late 71 build, may have run out of RH Sport fenders...
holes were drilled instead of punched. RH fender may also have been hit, though front nose piece is correct molded plastic (really fragile) piece but with 72 grilles.

Next day more stuff removed. Engine was plucked and set off to the side;

...and other things pulled off the frame. Rotor rems (we make hubs sometimes from rotors) were placed on frame as when diff was removed the front end wanted to fall off!

Should work a short day tomorrow so I can pull the rest off the frame and run it over to a shop to be sand blasted. Will inspect and reweld some areas then send it back for power coating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear frame bare.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	527726   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_112004559.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	527727   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine plucked.jpg
Views:	1089