View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 02:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I have always been flexible with Dave.
He has had my stuff for a while and yet I never complain as it would be the wrong thing to do. He is helping me on my Engine project.

I would bet that he has had my stuff longer than anyone on this board.
When it gets here I will be happy. One man shop and sickness are a rough road to travel.

Doubt if he has time to read PY but Get Well Dave! and Merry Christmas!

Tom V.
Dave had my High Ports for a VERY long time. The landslide took its toll on my project then my mills closing took theirs. But when I E mailed him and said its time to finish he got right on it. Everything I have ever had done by him has a lot of attention to detail.
And who else has all the CNC programs for the iron heads ? My 48s had every surface milled to a mirror like finish. Went 272cfm.
SD had big plans for awhile until the landslide. It almost did them in. Bunch of different CNC programs when Marcell was there, dyno mule and all that. Thing is, Dave told me there is a lot more money in 500-600HP street strip engines than full race engines. Just not enough of them and plenty of guys that want street power.
But they were the first one with the 340-350 cfm std port E head. Remember when Ken Brewer had the second gen firebird drag car with a 400 ? Went 9.30 with sand rolled E heads by Dave that went 290cfm, Warrior by Gabby . I just think that little 400 was so impressive. How many guys ran those times with a 505-535 ?
Some of you guys get off Dave. He is great.