View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
I’m surprised the you’re happy with Verizon service. When I had them for my cell phones, they sucked.
Yeah, the Verizon hot spot works great. Just cost too much & has too little data transfer, for the high price. 24GB for about $120 per month.

And, a Verizon rep said that the only way we can get that price is because we were "grandfathered" in, several years back. If we dropped that plan, which is called something like XXL 24, it will cost more to get 24GB with any other plan.

That rep said that because we have been good customers for many years, she could increase our limit to 30GB, for a few cents cheaper than we are now paying.

But, when she sent me the plan by Email, there was no plan number listed. And, when I went to my Verizon account, it showed that our next month's bill will be over $245 !

I'd told her to send me the offer by Email & I'd look it over, then decide. Apparently, she went ahead & signed me up. When I saw that big payment coming up, I called Verizon & cancelled the change.

Sure hope the AT&T deal works out, so we can drop Verizon. Even if they eventually increase the monthly price up to what we are now paying, as long as we can keep the 215GB limit, it will be MUCH better for us.

I just read that AT&T has actually increased the GB limit, in the last year or so. And, 50GB extra is only $10 per month. On our Verizon plan, every extra GB is $15 extra per month. There is absolutely no comparison between these Verizon & AT&T plans. Seems too good to be true. We'll know soon.

Last edited by ponyakr; 12-18-2019 at 10:04 PM.