Thread: Power Window.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How would it be grounded normally? I'm not looking at it, but I seem to remember a brown wire (with the up/down wires) leaving the door switch headed to the motor but there were only two spades on the motor that the harness plugs into.

I'm not finding much info on ANY A-body power window cars John. No matter the brand. Just looking at it, down through the top of the door and what you can see anywhere else (which ain't much), the motor looks like it's only attached at the two bolts through the door. It looks like you could simply remove the two bolts and out it comes. The window being up might help, but...if just the motor comes out, it looks like it would come out with the window down.

On the other hand, I've read about springs and fingers and drilling holes to access fasteners and other issues....but never specifically on an A-body, so I don't want to just start taking things loose.
Yet.
If somebody knows otherwise.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 11-25-2019 at 10:38 AM.