View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455TA View Post
I'm interested in a set for round ports. Do you think they will work on the driver side with a March Serpentine kit, along with power steering? Or will I need to do away with the power steering? I want to run a single s480 turbo mounted on the passenger side.
I dont know if they will fit without some adjustments... However I plan to run a March Serpentine kit on my build as well... Feel free to contact Steve directly with any specific questions and post back with what you learn...

So I pitched a design idea to SSH and Steve said he could definitely do it however it would be more work and the price would reflect.

The Idea was to indent one tube into a "D" and then cut another tube into a "C" and weld them together to form a "CD" This would give some distance between the exhaust ports and improve overall performance although the single tube design will work fine with most street performance applications the "CD" design would be an improvement over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve with Stainless Headers EMAIL
Hey nick,

Sorry for the late reply here, I clearly missed your email Wednesday morning when I got into the office!

I certainly understand the reversion, wave propagation, and AFR/lambda issues that can happen with the open tube design. However, I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t be able to offer both designs, just at different price points. The open center tube design, although somewhat flawed, could still be a practical, relatively cheap solution to a lot of problems, assuming people would be willing to make that compromise with the center tubes. The split center port design, using your “c-tube” idea, could be labeled then as the performance edition, for those who have either the knowledge, or care, to chase for something better.

Unfortunately there would have to be a definitive price difference, as the “c-tube” center port design will be considerably more fabrication than the single center tube. But, it would make sense for those who need it.

Estimated price points would be starting at $799.90 and $924.95 respectively. Both of which are very much still options to use on the group buy for these Pontiac manifolds.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman
Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc
Phone: 651-448-8661 Fax: 651-448-8675
1135 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN 55041

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM AIR-V / ROUND PORT Group Buy List
1) Erik B - (Will be refunded difference)
2) AIR RAM (Nick) (Round Port)
3) Mysticmissle (JEFF) (roundports)
(First Price point) Qty 3: $784.90
4) 455TA (Potential if works with March Serpentine)
5)
(Second Price Point) Qty 5: $764.90
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
(Third Price Point) Qty 10: $734.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-PORT LIST Group Buy List
1)
2)
3)
4)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Lets get those D port guys on here!!! Spread the word guys, this could be a great opportunity for a lot of people who have been wanting to run Turbo but cant weld up a set of headers or afford a set of custom headers... This is a reality now! We Now have Turbo Headers for Pontiac's available to us!

SPEED SAFE, NICK