View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll assume I win one of the big ones, giving me 100 million or more cash left to spend.

I'd build up a fleet of street & race Pontiacs. 2 of the street cars would be a '65 & a '69 GTO, both with HD Muncie 4-speed trans.

The race cars would include several Stockers & Super Stockers. The SS cars would run the legal alum head 428.

Would also have several bracket racers, since that's what our local tracks run. With plenty of $$$, there would be no reason not to run all alum big cube Pontiac engines. Would probably have 1st, 2nd & 3rd gen Bird bodies, set up with SS type, big tire suspension.

Would pay all expenses for several other Pontiac guys to race with me(at least 4 cars at every race).

Obviously, I'd need to have motor homes, enclosed trailers, & golf carts, for all.

I'd invest in some of the Pontiac parts repro possibilities that have been mentioned, including iron heads, cheaper iron blocks, parts to make building nice 350 engines cheaper(to make good use of all the 350 blocks out there), and other stuff to help the Pontiac community.

There have been LOTS of other great American made cars, thru the years, including Ford, Mopar, & other GM models, from the Musclecar era. I could have bought one of those, back in '69, when I bought my 1st car. But, I wanted a Pontiac GTO. And I've never regretted that choice.

I'm a Pontiac freek ! And, at my age, not likely to change. So, even with unlimited funds, I'd still choose Pontiacs, with Pontiac power, over all other brands. Not the quickest, not the most expensive, but still my choice.