View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hear you jones. I read your post about your dads car. That was what kind of got me started on this one. Sounds like you have found the right solution for it. I'm hoping I can get there as well. But then you're talking about a much different size and configuration of engine compartment. It may be as simple as the underhood heat is just evacuated better from your Abody better than my Fbody and it doesn't trap as much heat in there. Actually the Firebird, with the flex fan on it would idle all day long in the garage and stop heating at slightly above the Thermo opening and generally speaking I can go anywhere anytime I want to and not have an issue but it's the particular situation of high outside temps and stop and go, or very slow moving, condition that is when my operation shows its issue. I'm attempting to remedy THAT problem for good so I won't ever have to worry about being in that situation again. The current radiator, stock shroud and flex fan didn't do it. I have no reason to think that a clutch fan, with basically the same operation under that circumstance, would be any better hence the elect fan experiment. I think if I find the right elect combo it will work. Possibly a great radiator and a clutch or flex fan and shroud would work as well. If none of the elects get the job done I will start all over with a great radiator and see where that goes.

I appreciate all the input and ideas being presented. It's much easier to work through when you have real world experiences to work from. Sure saves a lot of time and money too I'm sure.

Does anybody sell a blank shroud that you can cut you own holes in or will I have to make my own?

69 Firebird-462/Edel round ports/currently running the Holley Sniper/4sp/3.23posi/Deluxe Int/pwr st/vintage air/4wl disc( a work in progress-always )

http://youtu.be/eaWBd3M9MN4