View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
Curious, do the different mechanical water pumps vary much ? Increasing the flow rate at slower speeds and idle helps knock the temperature down.

Steve,
Dad runs a PRW water pump on his. They are said to be larger shaft, cast impeller and flow more water blah blah blah. I don't know if I put a ton of faith in all that but it is what it is. I think dad liked it because it was polished One thing I'll say and I mentioned it before, I don't clearance any of the pumps, whether remain or new, on any of our Pontiacs, just not something I've worried about. Any warm running Pontiacs we've had have always been the cause of something else, as in this case.

Flowcooler is another brand, and I've had my fair share of bad experiences with those 25 years ago, more than once. You know Ron Davis and his excellent reputation with cooling systems. He and I had a brief discussion about Flowcooler at the last Goodguys event here about how and why I didn't like them, and he has absolutely nothing good to say about them at all. Just ask him about FLowcooler and he'll give you an ear full LOL.