View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
I recently sent my clutch fan thru my be cool radiator. The hub on the water pump broke free from the shaft and walked the fan forward into the radiator.
I will never go manual again in this car for many reasons. It is turbo charged and I have spoken to a few people about it. ( alternators break to if you do not have extra bracing). Anyway, most fan set up even in modern cars have one way valves as stated already. when you are on the highway it lets air get thru, when the fan has to work it sucks them closed.
As soon as I get some $$$ up I am buying the cold case with the fan. My car requires the 69 firebird size radiator. I had the h.d. clutch fan on it, so when get it done I will post about how the CC with the fan compares to the be cool with the clutch fan. $537 thru summit, anyone know of a better deal??
I hope you're not buying something similar to what the Jones' have just proven/validated is a bad idea/solution. Provide a link of what you're looking at, but if it includes the fan set up that's in the pictures Larry posted read the results.