View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Again, not dramatic at 20K, but a bigger deal at 35K or more. The hood and deck lid are missing 2+2 emblems. So either they are not original to the car or the holes were bondo'd up or welded up. There should be a 421 stand-up emblem on the core support , left side. I don't see the holes for it so probably not the original upper pan or not originally a 421 car which was standard in all 2+2's. The interior door panels had several 3/4"-1" wide mylar silver strips running both vertically and horizontally on them. The seat pattern is more like a 1967 bucket. The 2+2's had a specific interior seat pattern narrow V embossed pattern facing themselves. These details are what made a 2+2 different from a Catalina/Ventura/StarChief/Grand Prix/Bonneville. So what we have here is a conglomeration of styles, what I would call a custom. Nothing wrong with that. Especially at that price. I think it's possible the 2+2 specific lower body trim may also be missing from the lower door forward. It's supposed to continue forward to the front fender. It's interesting how the pictures are taken from what I call "Batman" angles. If you ever watched the old Batman TV show from the 1960's. Look at how every scene was filmed. They were always shot at weird angles that gave them a cartoon effect. They did that on purpose. I notice many of the Mecum Cars, especially the average to not so good cars are shot the same way. You can look at 40 pictures and not see much. All shot from weird angles that show very little or zoom in on some meaningless part. This car was shot that way. One very poor dark picture of the engine compartment. None of the trunk. But many shots of that awful brown interior. Super close-up of the marginal 421 emblem, super close-up of a marginal looking 8-lug. You get the idea. I have to say it again. For 20K, it's a nice car. For 35K, I would be crying.