View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Senior Chief

Default Upgrades

Finally got 500 miles on the Cat after all the carburetor problems. The rebuilt Carter 3326s had a flat spot right off idle while cruising down the road in all gears. Had the top off six times in one afternoon. Drove it the final miles to get it broke in and ready for first oil change.

Pull gas tank because of a incorrect read on the sending unit. Brand new unit when installed. While the tank was out I installed a vent and return fitting. Because I’m going efi.

Ran a new 3/8” steel line back to tank for return line. Installed a Tanks Inc. vent/ rollover valve next to filler cap.

Drilled and tapped a 1/2 Npt for temperature sensor for Fitech EFI. Drilled 7/8” hole in Exhaust and welded a weld in O2 bung. Installed a Fuel Command Center 2.0 next to battery ran line through the fender. Wired up a relay for the fuel pump. Installed the Fitech unit and finished all wiring. Primed fuel system and checked for leak. Then setup ecu for my motor and fired it up. Warmed it up to operating temperature and shut it down. Setup IAC Steps and started it again. Ran system in garage. Then took it for my first test after 500 miles oil change was done.

I’m very pleased with this system it woke up the beast in my engine. Ran strong, throttle response is amazing. No jerking or jumping in any gear like when carburetor was on it.

I’ve got over 400 mile on the Fitech Go Efi 4 600 system and wish I had done it sooner.