View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny99 View Post
They're round port. Which is unfortunate as I really want to lose the headers. The plan is to run Ram Air Restoration manifolds but with the 64-65 everything indicates I need to move the engine back by a 1/2" by drilling holes in the frame. Not thrilled about that but there doesn't seem to be an option.

My ultimate goal is a cruiser I can use regularly during the summer. I have no plans of racing so the headers, msd , torque convertor , cam and carb will eventually go.
I'm just thinking out loud here...I wonder if you received any receipts or documentation concerning the engine build, or parts used.
The round port "E" heads have huge ports, not possibly the ideal "driver" heads, although on a 455 they are not nearly as bad as on a 400 or 389.

I like the idea of the 455 in your car, although it sounds a little radical as it sits now...
Sounds like you'll get it all under control in due time, this is not your first Pontiac rodeo.
Will be hopeful you share your future workings, here!!!

Many Pontiac enthusiast's would not recognize those wheels as Chevy wheels, they do not look bad, my opinion...LoL, Chevy folks won't recognize them either!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...