View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Everyone thinks I’m crazy but everything I am doing to my car I am doing way overkill for my intentions just for the fact that I have learned the hard way that if the wrong thing let’s go at the wrong time it can take so much more with it. My 467 has all forged internals my 9 inch has 31 spline axles and will have a hellical locker. Beefed up pumpkin from strange or moser. 1350 u joints and billet yokes. T56 magnum says it has a 700 ft lb rating. We will see. I had a 64 gto with a stock 66 YS 389 and M20. Caught second one good time and snapped the points where the rear crossmember attach. Rearend pitched forward and broke the snout off the m20. Thousands of dollars later I realized pay now or later if you’re gonna “get on it” LOL
I try and do the same depends on the bank book. My street car has 35 spline spool, motor has forged internals, I knew the tranny was the weak link, but for my h.p. it is hard to get a stick to hold up without spending 10g's. Going th 400 with some billet internals.