View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:50 PM

Thanks to all of you guys for the compliments! I'm really looking forward to getting this thing back into the shape it's supposed to be in. I'm also glad that some have even enjoyed reading the story of it so far. Stay tuned for further developments...

And that's a sharp-looking car, Boss! What a beauty!

Does anyone know if you can find out which color the stripes were? Also, while looking through the pile of parts I have for this thing, I found black grills with a chrome strip across the middle with no "Pontiac" badging. Would those be the original grills? I know I've looked up a LOT of GT-37's that had the silver surrounds, but I've only seen one photo of an early year GT with the eyebrow stripes that has these blacked out grills:

Also, I have three gauge clusters and surrounds that came with the car: a 140mph wood-trimmed cluster that is in the dash that is currently wrapped in plastic (Thankfully), a 120mph cluster in another wood-trimmed surround, and another 140mph cluster (Not in a surround) and a blank black surround:

Which one is correct?

Also, I have two steering wheels, for which I have the same question:

And finally, I noticed that the PHS says that this car came with a "cloth" interior. I have done some reading around, for better or worse, and found the term "cloth parody pattern" thrown around once or twice. Here's the pattern on the back seat:

Is this the "cloth" they're talking about?

Sorry about all the questions all at once; I figured I'd try tapping into the vast pool of knowledge here to see about getting this thing back together the "right" way!

Thanks again, guys!