View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If a correct factory tire isn't needed then I most often times end up at Tire Rack to order tires. It's usually the shipping that makes the difference as to where I'll buy. Some tires advertise cheaper but make up for it with ridiculous shipping charges.
The BFG's still seem to be the most common and popular tire I have to buy for customer work as they still make a lot of the 14 and 15" sizes I need and it's what they generally prefer on these cruiser classic cars.

I invested in my own changer/balancer just because of the line of work I do and too many of my own cars in the stable, it just made sense. But best prices for mounting/balancing around town would vary back when I was hauling tires all over the place. I would think Walmart would be as cheap as anybody. I'd use what is convenient for you. Sometimes places are a little funny about doing it if you didn't buy the tires from them, so it may take a couple of stops.

On the wheel weights, the knock on stuff is mainly what I use since I deal with factory steel wheels 90% of the time. I buy them in bulk off the internet. They are available all over the internet, just doing a search should turn up several suppliers. If that is what you prefer to use you may have to bring a few boxes along because I know most shops around town here pretty much use the stick on stuff anymore.