Thread: '71 GTO
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eiseman View Post
Thats near Knoxville ,Tn. area. I stopped in there about 4 years ago and looked their inventory over. They do have lots of cars there for sale. This car looks better in pics than any other GTO's they had there at that time. They had a few clone Judges at the time that were kinda sloppy restorations.
Be sure to view the PHS before you make any decisions.
I have similar thoughts about their operation.

Several years back, my wife and I took a long weekend in the Appalachian mountains, spending one day at Pontiacs at Pigeon Forge. One of the locals told me about Smoky Mountain Traders, so we swung by there on Monday to see what they had.

My impression was that they were expensive, and the quality of the cars was all over the place. I could see things that were incorrect with the Pontiacs I looked at, but I would consider them as a cosmetic or amateur restoration. I don't think Smoky Mountain does any of the restoration work themselves, so it's hard to say what the quality of workmanship for any individual car is like. They probably buy what they can find, and flip them. They did have a bunch of cars on site.