Thread: I'm 'that guy'
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am "kinda" that guy. I do try to drive my old Pontiacs as much as I can… it just doesn't seem to be that much these days.

My '69 LeMans sees the most drive time- OK on that one.

The '69 Bonneville wagon is a running, driving car. I don't think it's been out of the garage since April. Not so good.

The '66 GTO- well now were getting to the problem. Started a motor and tranny swap… years ago. I got it 95% done the first weekend… and haven't touched it since. Been sitting on the lift ever since. Probably needs 3-4 hours of work and the drive shaft shortened.

And then the worst offender… the 1970 T-37 I bought it from out west a decade ago. Made tons of progress right away- paint done bottom cleaned up, etc. Brought the seats to my upholstery guy to get them redone in the correct Tempest pattern… then he couldn't get them done due to a back injury and all progress on the car stopped.
Oh sure, every now and then I'd say I was going to get going on it… and then work went crazy. And it sat.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago- Was at the local POCI fall show with the LeMans talking with a friend about how I wouldn't mind getting a 4 speed F-body. When along comes a another friend that I've sold a coupe of other Pontiacs to in the past. He tells me of a '79 TA that he's got, and he'll cut me a good deal on it. I've got no more room left for another car sooooo…
Long story short- I'm trading my neglected project for a running, driving car.
So, that's progress, right?!

Barn find? Nope- just a neglected project.

The replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	439149   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	439151   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	439152   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	439153  

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw