View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
It was common knowledge that the inflatable space savers were dangerous rubbish so many would replace with later models when they were available, so simply finding one in the trunk isn't always a sign it's original.
Dangerous rubbish...never heard that one. Aus78Formula, I tinkered on a lot of '80 & 81 turbo cars when they were new & just a year or two old. Both my '80 SE along wiith my Dads, we special ordered new.

Noted the late Nov & Dec built '80 Pacecars, as I began running across & picking parts off these cars beginning withi first running across a oair of '80 pacecars in local monster late model GM yard in '81. One was smashed in the front, one was smashed in the rear For a while, I was experimenting building water injection set-ups for modded turbo cars using the '78 Bird pulse wiper washer jugs instead of Spearco's ugly red jug. By looking for the wiper jugs with the washer pump on the bottom, managed to get past the front counter & out into these yards. It was a good tactic, also many times over the years, got into unfriendly yards by desiring to dig through pickup beds full of factory air cleaner bases. Bought a lot of deep drop T/A bases this way & often wandered further into yards. Eventually, one comes back enough, I'd get let loose to pull parts at will.