View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
The pics sooo don't do the color or paint job justice. And wow, when the stripes are finally on there, it will pop!

On the edges of the fenders for example, the ridge remains kind of dark, and where the light is on the flat part of the panel, it's light with fine metallic. It's hard to explain, but it is a really nice effect. And it's not over-effect.

I looked at the color on other cars, Caddys, and it doesn't look even remotely like the same color. I guess the body lines and panel shapes make some of the 'effect' come out more.

They are color sanding as I type, and hope they get the clear shot this week. They are doing I think 3 coats of clear, and going for a 'deep' effect. It looks pretty wet as it is, too.

I will go up Friday and get a couple more shots to post...

That color is insane! I really like it. It almost sounds like its giving the effect of a candy paint, without the cost. Is the paint a singe stage that you're going to clear over? It looks way to shiny in the pics to be BCCC without clear on top.

You're completely right about the new car colors looking entirely different on old cars. Its great aint it?

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National