View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok lets talk about the EFI a little bit. I decided to replace my quadrajet. It ran well and got great mileage but there were some quirky things I couldn't tune out of it. Furthermore On a speed stop challenge last year in StPaul I was killing the car every time I hammered the brakes. If I was staying with a completely street oriented car, I would keep the Q jet. Those of you who trash Qjets need to do a little learning about them. They are great carbs. I had under 100 bucks in it and it ran like a top but it was time to move on for me.

Enter the FiTech. So far I'm extremely happy with this system. The price is right at 995.00, its self contained which means there 4 wires to hook up an O2 sensor in the header and a temp sensor. Its internally regulated so there's no goofy hoses everywhere, just a feed and return and so far FiTech's customer service has been fantastic. I had a couple little issues getting it going but there were quickly resolved by Bryce at FiTech. I will tell you that the front "vacuum" port is not a vacuum port, it's a boost reference port and will throw the entire system into an extremely rich condition that will not tune out and have your entire house, garage, and possibly neighborhood smelling like raw fuel. Don't hook your PCV valve up to that. I have most of my wiring, fuel lines and vacuum lines hidden under the intake or ran off the back of the unit and under the distributor, you can hardly tell there's EFI under there and that's the way I like it. The car theme has always been aiming to leave the 1967 feel and I think the FiTech gets that done. I also decided to mount the handheld up under the dash. i had a toolmaker buddy whip me up an insert for the holder part of the handheld mount, and mounted it under the dash with a 1/4x20 bolt. It works great and it's out of the way.

There's a few little quirks I need to tune out but its ran very well so far. I know I mentioned above that last weekend I ran it for 1100 miles, 4 20 minute sessions at Putnam Park and 8 or so Auto X runs at Midwest musclecar challenge with a total of 0 issues. I have a bunch of pics of the throttle body and I know a lot of people are interested in this setup so if you want pictures or have questions feel free to ask

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23