View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Tough to top the Cast crank pursuit like Vin63 did. huh

1200 HP NA will be an excellent pursuit. Can you cite the RPM for HP, and maximum RPM?
Not sure what your trying to compare a boosted aplication to a naturally aspirated one. When we dyno it will be the baddest naturally aspirated Pontiac engine out there. I know theres one coming that will make more. But we have a plan for that too. There will be another thread before the year is out

It made 1205 at 8500. And held on to power past peak we ran it to 8800 on dyno and it only lost a few.

To make our target we will need to increase torque slightly and make it at a slightly higher rpm. I expect to peak at 8600 for power And 7700 for torque. If we do that the 1250 should be no trouble. We NEED rpm. Especially With this little head. We anticipate a 9000 RPM shift point. The goal would be to keep this engine from dropping below 8000 RPM on shift recovery.

I know this makes most people turn inside out. But if you want to make big power you got to get over the RPM. It is an absolute must. Horsepower is calculated, torque times rpm divided by 5250. The farther away from 5250 you are with the same torque, the more horsepower you make.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.

Last edited by mike leech; 03-26-2016 at 09:06 AM.