View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 03:00 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eiseman View Post
Found out some history of this WW block.
In 83, a gentleman from Yakima, Wa. bought this complete WW engine, carb to pan, from Larry L. in Milwaukee, Wi. for the sum of 2400. He put this engine into a 69 T/A Ram IV auto car because at that time complete Ram IV engines were hard to find.
Some time later he sold the T/A. Years later he got a call from another gentleman, John in Aberdeen, Wa. who had just bought the 69 T/A. John then called the gentleman in Yakima to ask some questions about the T/A. John had found a correct XP block for the Bird and ended up selling the WW engine back to the man from Yakima. He later sold this WW block to someone else.
I did give Larry L. a call and asked him about this particular block. He said that he has sold 150-200 engines since then and has no recollection of said block. I did give him a description of the car too.
Does anyone in the greater Milwaukee area remember this car or maybe selling this engine to Larry?

Nope but I know Larry from Butler Classics. Been around a long time. I used to hang around with a guy named Jeff Braley back then who worked at a local dealership and he told me of a few RAIV's around the Milwaukee area. Even in the 1980's these engines were so hard to find but Jeff told me of a couple RAIV's around but never saw one. I can't recall the car Jeff said that RAIV engine was in.