View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmo View Post
Nice job Danny! I was wondering if it worked out for ya. Nice vid. Thats a really clean installation. I had to dig back thru the posts to remember how you lucked out with how that tensioner bolt spacing. Good work finding that. Glad to see it up and running.
thanks jimmo!
i'm pushing to have the car road-ready by summer.
i'm looking forward to seeing how it all performs on the street.
i'll continue to update to this thread with my progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROWHED View Post
Yes, very clean and neat! How much tensioner deflection do you get when revving the engine quickly?
Considering using that NAPA 38190 tensioner you have instead of the one I used, which required a homemade welded bracket and three extra long water pump bolts.
right on! thanks!
i am not revving the engine quickly.
i am in the home stretch of a 15 year, 100% complete, frame-off restoration of this GTO... and i'm not pushing anything too much.
the rebuilt 400 is barely broke in as i just started it on christmas day so it barely has 20 minutes of run time on it at this point.
the belt is very tight and i haven't observed any perceptible deflection at the tensioner under load in the 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm range.
i will continue to update this thread with my progress as i continue to move forward with the project.
thanks for your interest!
danny