View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Quote:
I see you need at least one new quarter panel.
Thanks for the info. Right now I am hunting a good salvage panel, and have a couple of leads. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
I would put the RA manifolds on and save yourself a lot of messing around.
I have thought some about going that route too. I haven't made any real decisions yet on this and probably have a couple of years before I have to.

Quote:
What I meant to post was: I think you will be happier with the M20 wide-ratio transmission. Lesson learned - read before hitting POST.
LOL...well I knew what you meant. The high first gear is one of my reasons for deciding to get rid of the M22. The annoying noise is the other reason.

Quote:
I always contend that the GTO option alone takes a '64 Lemans out of the realm of "low option" but in your case, I count at least a dozen options (seat belt delete was an option so gotta count it!). In my book, that qualifies as pretty well equipped.
HaHa...I didn't look at it that way. I guess what I meant was it doesn't tend to have the "big options" - light groups, power options, etc. Little couple dollar options like the parking brake light.

Thanks for the info about the steering stabilizer too. I read through the posts and it seemed like those cars with the 612 package tended to have the part. Others without the 612 package also had it - maybe more than one route to ending up with it.

I also noticed some posts suggesting that the Tri Power with the 3 speed is a bit unusual. Anything to that?

Quote:
What part of Idaho are you from?
I have lived around the state some...currently in the Boise area.

Last edited by 1_Wild_Cat; 12-09-2015 at 12:19 AM.