View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
You have a good point and this kind of thing drives me nuts. People are so afraid to use a good quality converter yet it's probably in the top 3 "best bang for the buck" mods you can make to any performance oriented car.

With a good quality converter you can truly have your cake and eat it too. I remember having conversations like this with guys - I'd tell them my car had a 3200 stall converter in it and they'd start off with the "I'd never run something like that in my car" and just wouldn't listen even when I explained that it drove just like stock in normal driving.

OTOH, it's okay if people want to be close minded about this kind of stuff. That makes it easier for those of us in the know to impress them with the great track performance of our street cars and leave them scratching their heads trying to figure out how we do it...
The average car guy has no clue how a good convertor is supposed to work..I also run a Continental 10 inch "Jim Hand" special......Had it in service for 12 years now...Worth every penny...