Thread: Rare 1968
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to be clear, you guys know Mary Kay has nothing to do with this Pontiac, right?

I think the FM3 Mopars (F= 1970, M=color, 3=shade) are a bit less girly in our perception of the femininity of pink. It's more magenta or fuchsia than outright pink. Plus, both Dodge and Plymouth offered fluorescent stripes:

The Pontiac pink, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily scream a non-conformist in-your-face in the same manner - it looks like a color I'd order for my wife or daughter as a surprise gift.

FM3 is a High Impact color like FC7 Plum Crazy/In Violet, so it also has that going for it, not to mention there's a cultural component where the Mopar folks gravitate to the color for one reason or another (perhaps like how people in general gravitate to what's popular).

There are no numbers to show the distribution, but it seems a high number of FM3 cars were sold new in Canada.

I for one would love to own that GTO aside of the fact there are other GTOs I'd prefer, but I think it's good for this car to be in the hands of someone who preserves its pedigree.