View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's interesting the things you find when taking an old car apart. The blinker hadn't cleared itself since my buddy first bought the car in 1984 and the horn hadn't worked and the steering wheel lock wasn't very effective. At some point the wiring had a melt down and in doing the repair the former owners had screwed up the way the horn button and locking plate went on and forced the it all into the wrong position. The locking mechanism is still not right, they must have broken it but when I get her powered back up the thing might have a horn for the first time in 30 plus years. We'll see, next weekend I'm hoping to fire her back up. Looking at it makes me wonder if the car was either attempted to be stolen or was actually stolen at some point. the title is clear so it might have been recovered. Given that my buddy bought the car for $1,500 in 1984 and it only had about 50,000 miles on it and two owners I wonder...

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato