View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Before my mom's condition worsened earlier this year, I had been looking at various places in the mountains. Earlier this spring, an old farm house came up FSBO on Craigslist. It has a detached 2 car garage and a 40 x 30 pole barn in very good shape. The price was pretty much in line with what my parent's home site had appraised for, so my wife and I took a ride to see the place in person today.

Without going into detail, I liked the pole barn and garage, but the house needed more work than what I wanted to take on. It wasn't horrible, I just didn't like the house. It was laid out funny and the interior was rather dark. The inside walls and ceilings were tongue in groove chestnut, which the owner stressed was pretty desirable. When coupled with the small windows in the house, the interior was slightly dark. The electrical system needed upgrading pretty badly as well. I think the house would have turned into a constant project, and I want to work on my cars when I retire, not a house. I think I'm going to pass on that particular place.

Anyway, I'm back where I started. I probably have two months to move about 800 sq ft of sheet metal and miscellaneous stuff, or buy my siblings out. I've about decided the best thing to do is move half of it, and let my sister list the property and try to sell. If there are no takers, then I'll consider making an offer. If the property is on the market for six months or so and there are no offers, then it will be hard to argue down the road that I bought it too cheap. If it sells, I'll have cash to put toward my cabin.

I was planning to go to Norwalk this year. I've got quite a few 70-72 Firebird and 71-72 GTO endura bumpers stored there. Would nice original endura bumpers do well at Norwalk?

Thanks for your thoughts, guys.