View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Would agree with Chris, Dillon, & Doug, its not you Mike. Regret hearing of you mother's passing

My family exp: As a teenager I was the muscle for cleaning up several large rural farm houses in family estate deals where a grandparent was the administrator of the estate. One such job took the good part of the summer, time I could have spent playing Ball. Having witnessed distant relatives come out of the woodwork, stuff disappearing, squabbling, etc, in one instance, upon a great aunt or passing, my immediate family said NEVER again! With an eye towards estate planning, everything my family has interests in has been set up in trusts. I'm a few years younger than you & am going though the estate planning now.

On the real estate deal, old rent houses & tornado tractors, not happening with this kid, helped several friends over the year's on their continual rental burdens. Going to be a landlord, better off with nice duplexs, tri-plexs, or multi family townhouses. Location means a lot, ours are in a nearby large college town, but we don't lease to college kids only stable adults, retiree types are the best.