View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got it up and running on Friday, then re-engineered the alternator bracket again and I'm much happier with it now.

I've gotten tired of the bog off idle and decided to make a bigger effort to install a throttle position sensor on the Holley carb throttle body. With it done and with minimal tuning of the accelerator pump shot it's running pretty good and 90% of the bog is gone. I still have a bit of work to do, but it's pretty good now. And of course the first time I wired it up it registered backwards so I had to reverse the power and ground wires.

Closed throttle

Wide open throttle.

Since I am not gaining the 1.5 points of compression with the 4bbl cam, I've installed the Sprintbird adjustable cam sprocket I have and set it for a full 8º advance. Should help the low end and bring the power level down the band a bit. Might even pick up a few mpg's.

And being a non-interference engine, there is no risk of valve to piston contact in the event of a goof up The piston reliefs are stupidly large for the lift.

I ran the engine before picture, so the timing mark doesn't line up in the photo.

and just a shot of the whole engine bay with the timing belt cover off. I installed the cover after the picture.

A short video of it running with the timing belt cover off.
http://youtu.be/Kb0T5-OFJnU

Driving it around town some and it's running pretty good. The TPS sensor is working like a champ. 'll get it further dialed in over the next week. I think after I do the weekend R&R on the engine I may actually go to a chassis dyno to satisfy my curiosity of what it's making.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)