View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestlingII View Post
I'm currently running a Centerforce DF clutch setup on my GTO and love it. The pressure plate does have the weights mentioned earlier. I only have about 3k miles on it at this point, so no idea how it will hold up with higher miles.
On my issue, I have no definitive answer to what was causing my problem, but have essentially narrowed it down to two things. Either the weights were wedged in the pressure plate fingers in such a way they were binding the movement or the throwout bearing was seizing on the tran's bearing retainer, as there were rough scuff marks on the inside of the throwout bearing and on the retainer. But, I don't know if the throwout bearing scuff marks are a result of the force I was applying to the bearing when pushing the pedal and if the pressure plate fingers were causing un-even loading on it, thus the gouging as the throwout bearing tried to rock on the retainer and in the clutch fork. The weights weren't seized in the fingers, but they didn't exactly rattle loosely like when I installed the clutch.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)