View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Truth time....it takes me forever to get anything done on this car. I'm 31 with a wife and a kid that are priority 1 ....and I work nights many times 6 days a week. It takes me forever sometimes. I just looked back and realized it took me 6 weeks to get this done. When I was single and in my early 20's it would have been done in 2 days...LOL. Oh well.

So i'm finally done welding up the frame and making the crossmember perches. I decided to leave the welds raw and semi-unfinished. I cleaned them up a bit but left most of the weld in place. I hated to do it but no one will see any of them but the welds by the gas tank and I didn't want to compromise the strength just for a nice look that no one will really see. I took it to the powder coat shop about an hour away yesterday. They re-quoted my frame for $325-350??!! That seems CHEAP! Iv'e seen the work they do and its very nice. In fact there was another 67' GTO convertible frame sitting there, done in a semi gloss finish and it was beautiful. Iv'e also seen their work after 5 years in the weather and it still looks brand new. I decided on satin. I also took some time off in March so i can swap everything over to the new frame, get my new SC&C/SPC chassis pieces in and order up my new wheels.

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23