View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtofreek View Post
Cruiser, you sure seem to have a thing about oil galley plugs not being removed. It seems as though any thread having to do with oil galleys, you accuse shops[myself included] of not pulling oil galley plugs out. You obviously have had a bad experience in this area.

Spud, don't use Locktite on your rod bolts/nuts. If you have ARP bolts/nuts, then use ARP Ultra moly lube. If using stock bolts/nuts, use 30 weight motor oil. Torque them to specs, then go over them after they are all torqued down. None should turn anymore before reaching torque. If they do, they are stretching and need to be replaced. If the bolts/nuts come loose, it wasn't because you didn't use Locktite, but rather because they were not torqued down.
I will be using the stock studs and nuts for the rods as well as stock bolts for the heads and mains. Will 10w-30 be alright for lube as that is the weight I will be using for oil.

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears