View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Suspended

What you fail to understand it may say GM powertrain but it is in the chevy plant & if you want to do the build your own engine LS you go the the Chevy plant to do just that. so just by placement the LS is a chevy build engine. You can call it any thing you want but all know the LS is a chevy engine. It doesn't matter if you want to call it GM powertrain or not but the only mgf. of engiens for the last 10 years has & is been chevy, you have to remember that chevy is GM. Period........................ Now you read & comprehend. Plus if your not aware it takes about 10-15 years to get an engine certified anymore when it's a complete new platform & the LS started it's design in the late 80's . I missed by a few years but it was by the old lit. that I use to get in the dealership talking about a new designed engine coming for the Corvette , it started out as a multi-valve engien but it became to much to do so the switched to what we have now in the LS engine family being the veri-valve timing . I got lit. on that in 87-89 when I was still working as a service mgr at the chevy dealer.

Last edited by rexs73gto; 01-05-2014 at 04:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rexs73gto For This Useful Post: