Thread: Rambling
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
jdw, read my #38 post, you will like it. A lot of people say/said the same thing as you about the emails and phone calls not returned, in many of passed threads.
I was at the PRI show and talked to the Head, Head Engineer at Edelbrock. He said the same thing to me when I was telling him how I wanted to change the exhaust ports design.
In my mind, if you want to make any Traditional type Pontiac head the most RACE efficient, you have to cut the exhaust ports flush to the side of the head, put a 2.400 intake valve and play with the intake runners and move some stuff around in the valve train. I am trying to do that with my heads but lots of R&D and cash.
So YES, why not just go to a BBC, order a 1,000 to 1,500hp plus motor, pick it up in most of the time, 1 month or less and not waist your time on this web site complaining.
Maurice
I wasnt complaining, just offered facts on why its tough to move pontiac performance forward.

I agree on the exhaust port, hopefully I have good success with my pontiac in 2014 while Im working out the BBC build.