Thread: Rambling
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
After torching a hole in my e-heads I looked around at all possible options that I could find. I wanted a solid or a billet head. Couldn find a solid e-head and no response from edlebrock.

Tigers could be made solid but I was trying to get away from standard pontiac exh ports.

Tried to see if I could get a set of RAV's billets from Elarson. I understand why they wouldnt sell.

Never heard of the company that Jack used so I missed the boat on that one or I would have been game.

I think Roland offer a billet cv1 after i purchased my cv-1's.

KRE wouldnt respond to two of my emails and I left a message to discuss their heads with no call back. I think this was option was the best possible option for me but they didnt respond

This thread is a prime example why I dont care to get on here anymore. Travis made the mistake of trying to compliment advances and it "seems" like some took offense they didnt get on the "list". Others just whine and moan.

For me to be competitive "I believe" Im getting my engine sorted out then switching to BBC. Much easier to get support and buy parts that have some data behind them.
jdw, read my #38 post, you will like it. A lot of people say/said the same thing as you about the emails and phone calls not returned, in many of passed threads.
I was at the PRI show and talked to the Head, Head Engineer at Edelbrock. He said the same thing to me when I was telling him how I wanted to change the exhaust ports design.
In my mind, if you want to make any Traditional type Pontiac head the most RACE efficient, you have to cut the exhaust ports flush to the side of the head, put a 2.400 intake valve and play with the intake runners and move some stuff around in the valve train. I am trying to do that with my heads but lots of R&D and cash.
So YES, why not just go to a BBC, order a 1,000 to 1,500hp plus motor, pick it up in most of the time, 1 month or less and not waist your time on this web site complaining.
Maurice