View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ferris View Post
Help me out understanding the rules in "Pure Stock". As far as the engine goes I get that. What about the rest of the car? What about the high dollar automatic transmissions that NHRA Stock and Super Stock use? or the high dollar slider clutches? Are they allowed in pure stock? What about gear ratios in the diff? These cars are purpose built for the class right? Along with suspension mods, weight relocation and whatever makes these cars about as far from "stock' as one could get. So, is this class basically based on a factory engine, but any other chassis/drivetrain mod is allowed?Im not trying to be a wise guy. Just want to know more about the class.
Great post, you are 100% correct. Even "factory" engines are not so factory.
"supposed to be stock suspension..."
I watched a stock 71 Cuda AAR with disc brakes , get brakes gone, all impact bars, GONE, and lots of lightening, when done, you couldnt tell... same treatment went into a "ZL-1" Camaro
So its back to "stock appearing" in my book
Also a Trans Am was never meant to drag race....makes me sick seeing them on the drag strip, and looks dumb too