View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was quite a drama played out at the PSN that probably none
of you that attended were aware of. Ken Smith, who owns the black with red interior
Judge in the above pictures was sitting next to his car at about 11 am when he started having
bad chest pains. His good friend Lonnie, who had just left when the pain started was still in
the parking lot when he got a call from Ken to take him to the hospital. Lonnie loaded Ken
up in his car and they decided to take Ken to the fire station a block away. In fifteen minutes
they had Ken on the operating table at Baylor Hospital. He had a total blockage of the
main artery feeding his heart , the blockage that medical staff refer to as the "widow maker".
They were able to put in a stent in the nick of time and Ken is at home now recuperating.
Lonnie went back to the show to take care of Ken's Judge and at the award ceremony, the
car won best of show, with Lonnie accepting on Ken's behalf. Medical staff at the hospital
said that Ken was probably ten minutes away from death when they got the stent in. Ken
is one of my best friends and I've done a lot of resto work on his cars including all the resto
work on the black Judge other than exterior paint. I didn't find out about what happened till
last night.