View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
ok, good to know. I had heard issues about stitching coming apart on GTOs. I think it may be a regional issue based on climate. This has always been true. Places like Arizona, California etc with consistent warm dry climates have had their interiors end up pretty nasty while the East coast, great lakes areas seem to have no interior problems at all despite some cold dry miserable winters.
Chris, living in Ohio one owner car and I had one set of rear seat covers replaced under warranty and they have shrunk again and have torn the stitching. Also the front drivers cover on my car has torn stitching, it's not just in the south or the southwest. It's about sun exposure because my car is seldom garaged and has sat outside for most of it's life.

My rubber gaskets around the glass on the quarter windows is starting to blister and fall apart. 88,000 miles currently, bought car new in February 2006 and have never driven the car in the winter time.

There is a definite problem with these 2 items that is going to be needed restoration parts in the future especially if the cars sit outside. It's doubtful that GM will continue to stock these parts at affordable prices so there will be a definite market for both items as these cars age.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated