View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's an update:
My car has come along pretty well. Still not finished with top or interior, but I've got it on the road. It's amazing how the shiny stuff really makes the car look good.

My wife gave me a huge surprise and bought a set of red line radial tires. I was going to keep the old BFG T/A's, but she knew I've always wanted redlines.

I put on the original bumpers since my budget was strained by having to put all new gears into the Muncie.

The Pypes X system with the long case walker turbos sounds really good. I'm very happy my mods to the Pypes system got it tucked up nice.

The car is really nice to drive...no drone at all and you can carry on a conversation easily. I will put up another post when I can take another ride with my son taking a "GoPro" video. I also want to record the exhaust.
So yes, it's no hot rod, but it's fun to drive. I'll have fun breaking in the new tranny gears.
I want to say too how much this forum has been a help during the resto. I've been on these forums for just about 10 years!
Dave