View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdsteve View Post
Run, don't walk away from powerjection 3. Reasons? Well first I should say i am in the early stages of setting mine up. First and foremost, if your looking for a plug and run system, this is NOT for you. Even their own techs ( x techs) say it is a complicated system to configure, not plug and play. Second. Software is glitchy, from what os it runs on, it's annoying tendancy to hide files and the numerous work arounds that you need to rember to get around these glitches. Third, almost every component shipped with the kit sucks. Plan on replacing the TPS and temp sensor right out of the box. Have a drill handy to rework the secondary linkage as it works poorly out of the box. Fuel on demand iffy, fuel filter And pump useless. If you choose this route at least buy the basic kit and supply your own. Finally, support at least online from the company is non existent. There are some very helpful people on the forum and I am getting my system in line but they do not work for the company.
I have not given up (as I am already invested) and admittedly have no experience with the other systems so am not sure if any of the above applies to them as we'll.
My 2 cents anyway.
Steve
Buick guys seem to have the same complaints about Powerjection 3. I have no hands on experience or real opinion on the other plug and play setups.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)